Hello we are Potton Lower School PTA. We would like to give you an idea of how we fundraise for our school, and how the money is used.
The role of the PTA is to raise money to help the School provide materials, resources and facilities for the benefit of everyone who uses the School and assist in building a community of parents and teachers. The PTA committee are a group of parents and teachers who meet regularly to discuss fundraising initiatives and organise events, and is supported by a team of parent-volunteers who give their time to help at some of these events.
We have been able to fund some fantastic projects with the money raised including:
- Funded coaches to enable the entire school to visit MK theatre for the Christmas pantomime
- Funded coaches for school trips
- Storage boxes for the library
- New atlas’ and dictionaries for the entire school
- Friendship benches for the school playground
- Year 4 leavers’ presentation books
- £3000 to pay for a seating area big enough to hold a full class at a time within the environmental garden
- We are currently raising money to build a small kitchen within the school so the children can enjoy cooking/baking
The PTA try to hold events throughout the school year with the children in mind, including:
- 2 school discos each year, with a tuck shop
- Christmas shop within school. The children can buy wrapped presents for members of their family. This is a big hit with the children as they love choosing the presents themselves and having the element of surprise on Christmas day. We run a similar shop for Mother’s Day too.
- Easter Bonnet competition, this is free for the children to enter.
- Our adult quiz night is extremely popular and last year raised £900. It’s a fantastic event and a fun night for all with a ploughman’s dinner and a fully stocked bar.
- The biggest event of the PTA calendar is the Summer Fete. Each year we hold this in July and it’s a great day out for all the family with bouncy castles, games, ice creams, burgers and even a glass of Pimms for the adults.
The PTA meets once a month, at either Potton Lower School, or the local pub, we are very sociable! There is a good mix of new members and PTA veterans but we are always looking for new members. If you would like to join the PTA or even put your name down as a helper for any of our events, please either leave your details with the school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, any help you can give does really make a difference.
Laura Knibbs – Chair of the PTA