BCUS – Biggleswade Community Union of Schools
The Potton Federation is a member and proud supporter of the Biggleswade Community Union of Schools group (B.C.U.S.) which is a group of local schools fully committed to working together to ensure our educational provision is as supportive and seamless as possible from age 2-19.
B.C.U.S. holds regular Headteacher meetings to ensure our collective provision supports and develops all our children and young people across our town.
B.C.U.S Mission Statement
The moral purpose of BCUS is to deliver outstanding educational provision for young people in Bigglewade and surrounding areas within the framework of a positive and vibrant environment that develops a passion for lifelong learning.
Each school within BCUS is committed to providing
- A safe and caring environment where children and young people thrive
- Outstanding learning where children and young people achieve
- An outward facing community where children and young people aspire
- A strong cultural ethos where children and young people value society
To support each other in the achievement of our aims BCUS schools are committed to:
- The provision of a continuous curriculum that prepares children and young people for the next stage in their development
- Sharing resources and expertise in the pursuit of creating and developing an exceptional workforce of school based practitioners
- Seeking opportunities to minimise the additional costs of operating schools so that resources are targeted on the educational needs of children and young people
BCUS Local Schools: